Best Educational Movies for Thanksgiving Lessons

Best Educational Movies for Thanksgiving Lessons Thanksgiving, as a holiday has some urban legends clinging to it. Historical inaccuracies distort our perceptions of Thanksgiving, the pilgrims (more accurately Puritans), native Americans and 17th century life in New England. I'm not going to make an attempt to lay these inaccuracies to rest, because I'll be the first to admit, I wasn't there and I don't know (even though I may look old enough to have sailed on the Mayflower and some days I feel old enough). Here are movies that explore the history and culture of the original colonial settlements. These films give a more rounded sociological picture of Thanksgiving, native relations and the early American lifestyle. Read more...

Blog Archive