Invisible Children Kony 2012; Film Eye-Opening, but Limited

This is an article I wrote about the Invisible Children program and filmmaker Jason Russell's team. It covers IC's film "Kony 2012." Russell is an outspoken advocate for a military presence in Uganda to overthrow Joseph Kony's Lord's Resistance Army. Russell has harsh words for those who differ with his vision. He said recently in Alternet "A lot of people  fear Christians, they  fear Liberty University, they  fear Invisible Children - because they feel like we have an agenda. They see us and they go, "You want me to sign up for something, you want my money. You want, you want me to believe in your God."  And it freaks them out." Kony 2012 doesn't freak me. It concerns me that it's misguided. Here's why. Invisible Children, Jason Russell's Kony 2012 Movie Limited.

Blog Archive