TED Talks Provide Intellectual Stimulation

I've been a fan of PBS POV and Independent Lens for awhile. It satisfies my need for cerebral stimulation. Or more correctly, it doesn't--it whets it. I find my thinking refined like grain in gristmill. And it makes me realize how ignorant I really am and how much I have to learn.

I found a new source for sense-sharpening: TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) Talks. www.ted.com/. Huffington Post is doing a TED Weekends series. I liked the premise--"Ideas are not set in stone. When exposed to thoughtful people, they morph and adapt into their most potent form." I like to think of thought as plastic--moldable but also reshapable. We can reframe our minds. Knowledge is fluid. Concepts are bigger than our tiny, possibly closed-ended view of them.  TED Talks, Moonies, Cultism--My Newest Cerebral Addiction

Blog Archive